Miller Beer of the Northwoods was founded in 1978 when Thomas Neddo and Ken Stretar joined together to purchase Eagle River Distributing. Initially, the company represented Miller Brewing Company, Strohs Brewery, Leinenkugelís and Stevens Point. They distributed in portions of Vilas, Oneida and Forest counties with 8 employees. In 1979, Mr Stretar, an avid pilot, died in a plane crash. His interest was eventually purchased by Mr Neddo.
In 1992, Thomas Neddo retired, turning over the business to his sons Tom Jr & Jeff. By this time the company added imports like Corona, Becks and Moosehead to the portfolio. The company had grown to 22 employees.
Significant changes began to occur in 2001, when the company purchased Pritzl Beverage in Park Falls expanding the territory to Price and Ashland counties. In addition, the company changed its name to Miller Beer of the Northwoods. Expansion continued through acquisition when in 2007 the company purchased Bertagnoli Distributing based in Hurley. This further expanded the geographic reach of the company to Iron county as well as the remaining portions of Vilas county.
In 2011 the company purchased H&H Distributing in Rhinelander, acquiring the distribution rights for 15 additional suppliers, with a heavy emphasis on Wisconsin craft brewers.
General Beer, Family owned and operated since 1933 is pleased to add Miller Beer of the Northwoods to our successful Statewide Distribution family effective February 13th, 2017.